Flint's Bar-B-Q

Throughout the 1970s and 80s, it wasn’t uncommon to see people lined up along San Pablo Avenue to get a precious plate of family-cooked food here. The first Flint’s was started in 1968 by Willie Flintroy, who opened the restaurant in East Oakland’s Havenscourt neighborhood after relocating his family from Monroe, Louisiana. Dorothy Everett, who would later launch the Everett and Jones Barbecue chain, was one of the first employees. Hear how the latest generation of the Flintory family is keeping the legacy alive on the tour.

Links
Flint’s BBQ Website
Flint’s BBQ on Facebook

Next Stops

OAKBLWT-Mural-BLK-1920.jpg

Join the Tour

Join us on our next tour date to learn about the history of the Hoover-Foster community from local experts.